Saturday, May 7, 2011

...and on to the next...

TODAY WAS THE 5K!!!

Just for the purposes of remembering, I am recording my time, slow as it was, but since I started this project, it has been helpful to have everything in the same place.

I ran 3.2 miles outside today in 35m24s!!!

So...if you know me, the following story will not surprise you.

Give you 3 guesses as to what I forgot today.

If you guessed shoes, you would be correct.

We were halfway there (it's an hour drive) when I remembered.  No point in going back.  I was wearing my regular tennis shoes, which were quite beat up and not sufficient.  Plan B was enacted so the day would not be a total loss - buy new shoes!  I know, I know, that's like the worst thing you can do on a race day!!  Story of my life.  But I am happy to report that the shoes were similar to the ones I left back at home and really didn't cause any noticeable problems.  I tried to make them one of my excuses but it just wasn't meant to be!

I can't believe I did it.  I can't believe I completed my goal.  I knew I wasn't going to be fast, but I am pleased.  I wasn't last!  I did that once already!

The best part about today was that my husband and kids did the walk, my dad ran alongside me, our friends were also running/walking...it was such a blessing to have so many people there!  I know it inspires me to be a part of something social like that.

Now to find another 5K run for my goal!

No comments: