Tuesday, May 17, 2011

For shame!

I know, all 2 of you are wondering where I went for a week...or more...
Truth?
I haven't run since the 5K.
But today I was done feeling like a slug and went for a run.  2.5 miles outside - around the neighborhood.  I was actually quite impressed that my body remembered what to do =)  Felt so good to be out in the sun!!  It was still pretty windy (gusts of 15-20mph per TWC, which seems like nothing compared to the 30mph winds we've been having!) but in the 50*s and SUNNY!!  I felt the hot sun on my face, teasing me!  At one point I was in between buildings, protected from the wind and I had a flashback to summer running in college.  My body aches for that!!  Well, my body just aches since I am so much older than in college, but I really can't wait for some summer running...
I am about to sign myself up for another 5K - in my college town =)  Pretty much the same route I ran when I did my secret 5K back then.  Along the lake...can't wait - it's 11 days away!  Due to my (far too long) break from training, I don't expect to beat my previous race time.  I'm ok w/that.  The fact that I did one and now plan for a 2nd makes me feel like I kick butt anyway!  I do plan to wear less clothing and I pray the weather will cooperate w/that - break out the shorts maybe?  And no more 3 T-shirts...oh such plans!  Looking forward to more...

No comments: