Thursday, May 30, 2013

Double your endorphins! Chattering like dolphins!

Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah ah ah ah, stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiive....SING IT!!!

Don't bother looking around to see if anyone heard.  They did.  They are laughing but you don't care b/c that song makes EVERYONE sing when they think of it =)  You're welcome!

That is the theme today b/c of many things, but mostly b/c this blog is staying alive thanks to my efforts today.

I RODE MY BIKE TODAY!!!

BOOM!  And just like that, I am back in the saddle again.  =D

Like every time I do something I am proud of myself for, I write a blog post to celebrate!  And lucky you gets to read the chatter in my head...today I pulled 'the baby' Dewey in the Burley.  Um, Houston we have a problem.  That kid has grown and gained weight since last year.  He's easily 10lbs heavier!  I probably am too, so enough about that.  Once I started I realized that I just wanted to pedal through and not turn back.  The bank said it was over 70* already!  Unheard of lately...another good reason to go for a ride.  I sort of followed my old route, but added to it.  I know there is a really nice bike trail by my house, but it's sooooo boring and way to close to the Interstate.  I hear cars and see cars and hate cars.  Yes, there are cars on the road too but it's a lot less of them on the country roads and they are not going over 50mph!  So away we went and shortly after we left I realized the roads were so bumpy my bike mirror was rendered useless.  Every 30 seconds there was a pothole and many of them were large.  I was disappointed to see the roads in such disrepair and aggravated that I had to keep adjusting the mirror!!!  I wonder if they still make the ones that go on your helmet...anyway - for some reason the map my ride app didn't talk to me and tell me about how far I had gone.  Must be a settings thing.  So I didn't check until we got back, but I guessed it was more than 2 miles.

4.97 miles!!!

That, was a crazy surprise!  It only took me about 32 minutes.  As we all know, the best part of exercising is that feeling after, like you could punch a bear's lights out or something =)  No bears here but 2 chickens.  They didn't need defending but I discovered some more asparagus was ready!  A perfect after ride snack - don't worry I hosed it off first!
As you can see from the photos, I was pretty 'done' when we got back.  But - I still had energy to kiss my riding buddy and find some interesting flowers in the yard.  Then I got the crazy idea to mow the lawn w/the new mower.  Our old one worked, but it took some hutzpah to push it up the 2% grade of a hill we have in the front yard.  The new one was supposed to be better.  I actually managed to start it and felt like I spanked a horse or something!  I nearly needed to run after it!  "That thing got a HEMI?!"  Yeah, so it was easier to get it going and I didn't need to push!  However...the back 40 contains a swingset, a round sandbox, 2 composters, a sunken grill, the chicken coop, the burn barrel, the chicken tractor - you get the idea.  It took every ounce of my not-quite-but-too-close-for-my-comfort 150 pound self to pull back on that thing and make odd corners!!  ARGH!  I finally got into a rhythm but then I almost lacerated my kidney on the handle of the chicken tractor!  I howled pretty loud but couldn't stop to lick my wounds thanks to the runaway mower.  (Yes, I'm too stubborn to let go of the handle and just let it stop.  It's too much work to pull it and get it started again!  And no, it's not just man's work!  I like to be outside too!  And I was crazy flying high on post-workout endorphins!!)  Anyway - I only did the back.  Someone else can do the front.  Hopefully that will happen before the high winds kick into a severe thunderstorm later....but my arms will not allow me to go back to that, endorphins or no endorphins...
Well, I'm excited that I'm able to put a few miles into 'the ticker' today.  I've almost beat last year's grand total already!  (<---she a="" and="" font="" joy="" mix="" nbsp="" of="" said="" shame="" w="">

No comments: