Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I think I remember how to do this!

We rode the tandem bike to church tonight!  So add another 1.8 miles to our tally.  We haven't ridden that thing for a while, well, anything really, so it was an experiment of sorts!  I rode in the front, which is the correct way - putting the 'power' (Hot Hubby!) in the back.  I am slowly getting accustomed to steering, especially when the weightpower is in the back.  We were in a hurry to get there (like always, I know!) so Dave didn't know the seat needed to be adjusted.  Consequently he was realllllly low!  On the way back he was complaining of pedaling w/his knees so high and threatened to get off while I was riding.  We laughed a lot and at one point he shifted in the seat and I seriously thought he had gotten off and was pushing from behind!  I don't know if I can explain it but it was funny to us.  =D  We always seem to talk about getting rid of the tandem but I don't know if I could do it....
PS - I thought maybe I should halve the miles here since when you're on the tandem you're only doing half of the work.  However, that being said, I want to let you all know that it's actually a lot  harder!  Why?  I sure don't know!  Fatter tires?  Bigger bike?  Wider tire base?  So yeah, I counted all the miles, not half.

No comments: