Abby would know what it is. I don't. But it sounds like the word diversion, which I associate w/fun, so maybe it's a fun condition to have. I should really look it up before I comment, but I wrote this blog post in my head while I was running so now I need to get it out before I forget!
I pushed it and went 2.3 miles today. Some reflections...
- Starting your run w/the wind at your back may not be the best.
- A 6yo on a scooter cannot maintain the same pace as a thirty-something-yo trotting.
- The MapMyRun app is pretty nice.
- Running w/a dead phone and no music is odd.
- Running in shorts is way better than tights!
- The sun feels so good on my face!
- When your mind argues and pushes your body, your internal organs may pay the price.
- A double brat and homemade baked goods (although a good purchase to help fund a local 8th grade trip to Washington DC) do not make a good pre-longest-run-of-the-year lunch.
- Late afternoon neighborhood runs are different than early morning lake runs, not sure which one I like better yet.
- This blog may need to be re-named. I'm thinking "Misadventures of a thirty-something in running shoes." Catchy, no?
- I may pay for this run...going to eat a banana now...
(JUST LOOKED UP DIVERTICULITIS - ACK!!! I seriously did not know it meant this - NOT FUN!)