Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm still here!

HI - wow I thought I was busy back then...in case you didn't know, my mom had a bad bike accident on Sept 10. BAD. She had 2 brain surgeries...long story. Check the other blog if you want to know more. That being said, there's more than enough reason why I haven't written in this blog lately. It seems that my mom will be able to come home next week - you wouldn't believe it if I told you. That someone could suffer severe traumatic brain injuries and nearly 2 months later be walking and functioning almost back to normal...the docs don't even believe it! Ok, the reason I started to write this actually was the fact that I biked 2 miles to church and back today. It's been a long time!! I had Mo and our foster son in the bike trailer and it was the first time for that too. HOO AH!! 55+ lbs...I'm sore and I know I will be more sore tomorrow, but I'm a glutton for punishment and I think we're going to ride over there again tomorrow!! We'll see...the weather has been holding out so far, but I don't think we'll have much more of this. Sounds like rain and pretty cold temps are coming our way. They've mentioned the S word a few times but I haven't seen evidence of it! Hope you're all keeping track of your miles...I'll be back soon!

No comments: