Tuesday, September 17, 2013

...a tisket, a tasket, a stainless steel cup rattling around in my basket...

I failed to put my girl's cup in her lunch box and since no cup usually equals very little calories (you can read more about her and her need for high calorie drinks on the other blog), that meant a trip to the kids' school.  It's not far and a friend told me about how short trips in your vehicle can wreck your exhaust (the engine doesn't get warmed up...?), so....I got on my bike.  I've been doing 5-7 miles lately so what's 4 and a half, round trip, right?
If you don't already know, this town has a river running through it.  And this river, it's flanked by high hills.  The school sits up on one of those, less than 3 blocks from the river.  Today there are 9-11mph winds, blowing from the school to my house (from the south, to the north).  I wavered.  It was hard, but I did it.  On the way back I ducked into the massive cemetery along the river to avoid cars as I went back up the hill and I realized it is even bigger than I thought!  I didn't just go straight home - I passed church and came the 1mi back into the wind to get home.  My ears are cold!!  But I can't complain about 6.87 miles...

No comments: