- Joining the masses as I stare at mechanized screens and machines
- Can control my speed and time easily
- Water easily accessible
- Get to look at the lake out the Y window afterwards! (The best part)
- Other equipment available, if I choose to use it
- Takes longer to get there, get going and then get home
- Atmosphere is full of peppy people interested in staying fit (mostly)
- Running surface is smooth, predictable, can control the incline
- Lots of excitement!
- On my own – only passing cars see me
- Using the mp3 player clock to tell time and Google Maps to pre-plan a distance
- Don’t get a drink until I get home
- Get to see things like red-winged blackbirds, robins and even ducks literally in my path! Not to mention looking into people’s windows (hey, don’t leave your curtains open!) and seeing their décor…so many other interesting sights…
- I have other equipment at home – ball, mat, rubber stretchy thingys, usually I use them
- Shorter time gone from home since I run around my neighborhood (hopefully no one sees me!)
- Atmosphere can be cold (I had to dress like a hobo today! See last bullet point…), surface can be uneven and unpredictable, and traffic can be annoying…or it could be warm, sunny and exhilarating!